** IMPORTANT **
Please check out the city's East Area Plan website before the meeting on October 29th 6-8pm. We will need all residents in attendance at this meeting to share your voice on development plans for the next 20 years.
We have put together a Denver East Neighborhoods First Fact Sheet that outlines the topics of the plan. Please review.
The East Area Plan
• 20 year Neighborhood Plan
• 5 Neighborhoods in East Denver, 4.55 miles and more than 30,000 residents
• Upzoning up to 8 story high rises along all BRT stations
• Centers around Colfax Ave.
• Calls for increased density from 13th-17th Ave.
• Steering Committee has met 1/mos. for 2 years 6-8pm (48 hrs)
• No planned open space or park lands
Bus Rapid Transit
• From Colfax to Yosemite Ave.
• Adds no additional RTD routes
• $50m slated from GO Bond
• Needs additional $150m of funding
• RTD Fares highest in the Nation, Streetblog Denver
• RTD ridership is decreasing, Streetsblog Denver
• Could be 10 yrs. away, Denver Post article
Time is of the Essence. We need action!
Despite this 20 year neighborhood plan having been well underway way for 2 years, the Steering Committee has only spent about 48 hrs on a complex Neighborhood Plan which will recommend drastic changes, changing the quality of life for more than 30,000+ residents in 5 neighborhoods.
City Planner Curt Upton at
Join the Mailing List
Stay current with meetings and news!
Email us at email@example.com for a yard sign. We are asking for a $15 donation to cover print costs and additional donations go towards covering the website and flyer costs.